Saturday, August 8, 2009

This Really Happened (Part 7)

The crowd went wild. Nick, Kevin, and Joe were making their way to the stage for their interview and on camera performance. As they came to the end of the catwalk where we stood, we watched as they waved to the fans with big smiles to match our own. Suddenly, Kevin Jonas walked over and found me in the crowd. Outstretching his arm to me, he took my hand and shook it warmly. “We got your letter, Emily. Thank you so much, it means a lot to us.” Speechless, I shook his hand back, beaming my smile up at him. When they took their places for the performance, I turned to the girl who had hugged me as I cried and asked her with a dreamlike tone, “Did you see that? Kevin just shook my hand…Did that really just happen?” And it did.

Later I would find out when watching the taped show at home, that Meredith had mentioned this very story during the show.
“And it’s more than just meeting these folks, you know, because they’re great singers and they’re fun. A little girl in the crowd here gave me a letter to give to them to say thank you. She was very, very ill a few years back and it was their music that inspired her to hope and to get better and to be brave.”

And with that, I cannot stop saying thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. For everything that the Jonas Brothers, their family, their band, and their entire crew do everyday to inspire thousands of fans like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment