Saturday, August 8, 2009

And then I listened. (Part 3)

I told my guidance counselor back when the school year had started that I felt like something was wrong. We had figured after some research that I had an anxiety disorder. As I got progressively worse, our prognosis changed, and it was clear I needed to get help soon. Before it was too late. My condition was so severe, I was checked into a recovery center on February 14th, 2009. It was there I would spend the next four weeks until transferring to an out-patient program.

I have been a fan of the Jonas Brothers since October 8th, 2006. I bought Its About Time and Jonas Brothers. I loved the music, the boys, it was great.

But for the first time, I listened.

It was falling apart, I was feeling lost. All my hope was gone.
My empty room was so loud, and it took too many tears to drown it out, but they told me to Hold On.

My upset face, I wore it well. For so long I had camouflaged the way I felt, when everything was the matter.
But they told me that clouds can move and skies can be wide open. They told me to Take a Breath.

Everyone saw me, but no one knew me. I hated it, but I faked it. I screamed in a pillow for a better tomorrow. They told me that even Underdogs can change the world.

And for the first time, I listened.

2 comments:

  1. i found the link to your blog on your comment on christa's blog and i legit teared up when i read this. i'm going to go read the rest of the entries now, i'm so glad you are sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You have no idea how much that means to me!

    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete