Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Letter (Part 5)

As my friends and I walked up and down the line of 400+ people, we held out our hands to perfect strangers and got them to join us in singing and dancing right there on the sidewalk. We formed a parade, walking up and down the street, inviting people to join us and sing along. Everyone was so happy to be there, even in the pouring rain.

Before I knew it, many of those strangers had become my friends, and some, almost like family. That kind of magic stemmed from just one common bond: The Jonas Brothers music. Music has the power to connect the people of the world. Regardless of age, gender, race, or religion, music is the one thing everyone in the world can share.

From America to Argentina, fans around the world would like to thank them for everything that they do for us everyday. Because whether we speak English, Spanish, French, or German, music will always be a language the whole world speaks.

But unlike most of the girls in the line with us, I was on a mission to do just that. I was on a mission to thank the boys for everything they had taught me and for being my inspiration over the past years. I had worked very hard on a letter I had written to them and was determined to give it to them on Friday. The letter read as follows:

Dear Kevin, Joe, and Nick,
I hope you're having a great time
today. I just wanted to send you a
much deserved thank you.

"You just don't know it", but your
music actually helped to
save my life.

Last winter, I was hospitalized with
a very serious medical condition. Every
time I was feeling down and out, and I
had run out of hope, I would remember
your lyrics.

Countless times you have reminded me
to Hold On, Take a Breath, and that
even Underdogs can come out on top.

A few days after I left the hospital,
a friend and I went to a concert in
Reading, PA. By pure fate, we found
rows of empty seats FRONT ROW and had
the time of our lives!

That was the first night I heard A Little
Bit Longer. After that night I knew
I was going to be fine.

Thank you, Kevin, thank you, Joe, and
thank you, Nick for all your hard work
and dedication to all of your fans!

Thank you so very much,
Emily Wisniewski

I had read the letter to my friends, causing tears to flow from our eyes, and hugs to be shared. I read the letter to a news reporter, breaking down in the middle, sobbing in the back seat of his car, still soaking wet. I recited the letter to a pair of independent film makers, after eloquently sharing the all of the reasons why I was a fan, and how incredible these three boys from New Jersey truly are, leaving everyone around me speechless. But it wasn’t enough. Nick, Joe, and Kevin, needed to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment