Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mission Accomplished (Part 6)

And suddenly, after what seemed like an eternity, the boys were in the city, bringing the sunshine with them. We waited anxiously as the band arrived, hollering their names from our side of the street, hoping to get a glimpse. Once we were allowed into the plaza, we took our spots right at the edge of the catwalk.

There we were, ready for the moment we had been waiting for, the moment I had been just dying for, was finally about to happen. I was right there, practically sitting on the stage, in perfect position to hand my letter to a Jonas.

During sound check, I stretched my arm holding the letter out to Joe, serenading the crowd as he was a few inches from me. But he didn’t take it. Disappointed, I understood that he was probably not allowed to take things from fans during a performance. Determined, however, I was going to try again.

Going back inside the TODAY Show building, the Nick, Kevin, and Joe, left the crowd and were replaced by the hosts. After a few minutes of talking, one of the hosts, asked us on camera how long we had been waiting, impressed by both our dedication and lack of sleep. When the bit was over, Meredith Vierra, the show’s anchor, literally got down on her hands and knees to greet the fans standing around the stage.

When she had gotten over to our side, I held out my hands and asked, voice shaking, “Meredith? Could you give this to the Jonas Brothers, please?” “Sure!” She said happily, taking the letter from my hand. “You can read it, if you want,” I said to her as she opened up the paper.

Reading my words, she took her hand to her mouth and turned to me, eyes watering in the crowd, half delirious from my lack of sleep, half caused by my overwhelming emotions. “This is amazing,” Meredith said, “I’m going to hand deliver this to them right now!” I couldn’t believe it. I had accomplished my goal. I was so happy. I hugged a girl next to me, someone I had just met, and cried. Little did I know it was about to get even better.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! I watched the Today Show that morning in my bedroom & remember her saying something about giving a letter from the fans to the boys right after they came back from a commercial break. That's so awesome!

    I found the link for your blog on Christa's. She's honestly amazing. Really glad I decided to read yours. Your story is inspiring. I've never had anything like that happen to me. My life, for the most part, has been pretty good, but even through my lows, those boys have been there for me.

    I'm going to finish reading the rest of this now. I just had to say something.

    God Bless

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jennifer!! I love Christa too she is so awesome!

    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete